Columbia University Teachers College: The Reading & Writing Project
The Reading and Writing Project (RWP), associated with Columbia University Teachers College, is a research and staff development organization dedicated to supporting expert literacy instruction. Due to the administrative burden of manually processing registrations for courses and events, RWP needed a tool to assist them with automating this process. In addition, the website needed a new look and feel to more accurately reflect the nature of their offerings as well as an overall restructuring of the site to make it more navigable. Finally, a Content Management tool needed to be implemented to ease content entry and site updates.
After a series of detailed requirements gathering sessions, eCoreXperience first developed a custom Registration Management tool to store online registrations and enable administrators to make registration decisions regarding enrollees (Accept/Reject/Pending), track overall course registrations and manage interactions between existing enrollment-related payment systems. In the second phase of development, a redesign of the existing RWP website took place to simplify navigation and provide a fresh and more engaging visual identity. In addition, custom online enrollment forms were created and integrated with the Registration Management tool. Finally a Content Management System solution was put in place to enable RWP to quickly and easily update and maintain site content
- Performed detailed technical and business requirements gathering for both website and Registration Management tool
- Developed custom Registration Management tool
- Managed system integration points with existing Columbia Learning Management and Accounting Systems
- Designed a clean and easy to use navigation and integrated with a visual design reflective of the Project's mission with a focus on children and the joy of learning
- Implemented Content Management System